1. Dan and Adam Renek have done something amazing. They've saved people's lives, just by sitting down and not only that, he's going to continue to save people over the next few weeks. The Barnet Eye Salutes Dan and Adam and urges everyone to follow their brilliant example - They are our official Barnet persons of the week (If it wasn't for generous people such as Dan and Adam, I would not be here today, so this is a very genuine thank you and so Dan, if you email me, you can have your next rehearsal at Mill Hill Music Complex free of charge on me)
2. We love a great tweet commentating local history, and they don't get much better than this!Double trouble @GiveBloodNHS - #Edgware over 380 units of #platelets donated between @AdamRenak and I when we finish! #DonatePlatelets pic.twitter.com/MueTGDhjnB— Dan Renak (@danjrenak) May 5, 2017
It moved to the Boosey & Hawkes factory in Edgware in 1948 and was a local landmark until the late 1990s #TubaDay pic.twitter.com/J5GHCMoEr8— Horniman Museum (@HornimanMuseum) May 5, 2017
3. The Dutch Ambassador was at Mill Hill Cemetary this week for a remembrance service. Lest we forget....
4. The Mill Hill Historical Society now have a Twitter account and have kicked off with a fine picture of The Old Forge Tea rooms, now a private dwelling. I'm old enough to remember the marvellous cream teas they served and the "Mill hill Fayre" which happened on the green outside. A sadly missed date in the local social calendarMoving National Remembrance Day ceremony at the #Netherlands Field of Honour at Mill Hill Cemetery y'day. #dodenherdenking #geefvrijheiddoor pic.twitter.com/svsENPVFHW— Dutch Ambassador UK (@sjhsmits) May 5, 2017
5. Our old friends at the Finchley Horticultural Society are having a plant sale!The Old Forge Tea Rooms, owned by the local blacksmith. Photo taken in 1947. pic.twitter.com/b2k690l5q9— Mill Hill Hist Soc (@MHHistSoc) May 6, 2017
6. Some great pictures of the Bothy from the removals company with the coolest nameSave the date: Sunday 21 May for the Finchley Horticultural Society Plant Sale. Homegrown plants: vegetables, herbs, annuals & perennials pic.twitter.com/v4sYJsxvIO— Finchley Hort Soc (@FinchleyHort) May 6, 2017
7. Whilst most politicians are out campaigning, our MP is hitting the bottle and promoting boozing! What does he know that the rest of us don't. Nice to see he isn't breaking the habit of a lifetime! Let's hope he doesn't have too many and injure himself opening a cupboard or something.Finally got to look around the Bothy @stephenshouse . Great work guys 👏🏻 The gem of Finchley! pic.twitter.com/f984sdWjlM— Rogers Removals (@Rogers_Removals) April 29, 2017
8. Good too see that the World Heavyweight Boxing Champion still uses his local launderetteA warm welcome to @Offord4Hendon this afternoon as he visited @ChandosArmsPub in Hendon - a big fan of Heineken 0,0! pic.twitter.com/RN5jyDEx7y— HEINEKEN UK News (@heinekenUK_News) May 5, 2017
9. We are having a music festival in Finchley in a fortnight!Heavyweight champion #AnthonyJoshua still takes his clothes to a #laundry parlour in Golders Green. https://t.co/kdYzDCiRdY pic.twitter.com/XEtPxQMjmW— LaundryCleaningToday (@Laundry_Today) May 4, 2017
Sunday Times Culture recommended one of our events-Pop-up Opera's performance of Cimarosa's The Secret Marriage-20/6-https://t.co/1Vu5nx8ZSf— Mill Hill Music Fest (@millhillfest) May 2, 2017
That's all folks!!!!!