1. As it's mothers day, we start with a rather nice tribute from one of our best friends, former Barnet Councillor Brian Coleman to his 93 year old mum. The exceptional Mrs Gladys Coleman must have joined the ATS at the very young age of 17 in 1941, so hats off to her. Mr Coleman is quite correct that what happened in London is nothing like the Blitz and what his mother would have seen in Coventry. It does however give us all an opportunity to show that we are civilised and decent people. Happy Birthday to Mrs Coleman and all of the other mums, old and young (I've always had a soft spot for Brians mum as she's the same age as my mum would have been and they were both called Gladys).
2. This looks like a lesson that a few young people in Hendon will remember for a very long time!@mikelovestweets @TheSpeakingRog indeed my Mum did 5 years in the Auxiliary Fire Service incl Coventry Blitz and at 93 is not intimidated— Brian Coleman (@BrianColeman251) 25 March 2017
3. Anne Clark seems surprised that Barnet Councillors don't read the Guardian? I'd be surprised if one or two of them had progressed beyond Jack and Jill#BritishScienceWeek well underway at Hendon Prep with a visit from Jungle Jo and her wonderful animals. #Science #ScienceWeek pic.twitter.com/d5EpFv1csd— Hendon Prep School (@hendonprep) March 16, 2017
I visited my local Tory councillors ahead of Barnet council's vote to destroy libraries. I was told kids use ebooks. https://t.co/q6cRCpXora— Anne Clarke Ⓥ (@anne_clarke) March 23, 2017
4. North Finchley are having a music festival!
5. The old Finchley and Friern Barnet Border. Now harmoniously united!Calling all #northfinchley or #finchley and #barnet in general. If you haven't heard, we are hosting a #music #festival 20th & 21st May! pic.twitter.com/I6i8IibYuv— North Finchley Fest (@NorthFinchFest) March 24, 2017
6. We have a new Blue Plaque in Golders GreenLocal history while out delivering in Finchley Park-this is the old boundary between Finchley & Friern Barnet councils -before Barnet formed pic.twitter.com/zate3QApR8— Alan Schneiderman (@alan_s01) March 25, 2017
7.It's looking good up at Long Lane Pasture!Blue plaque unveiled in Golders Green to commemorate “powerful” woman trade #unionist, Mary #MacArthurhttps://t.co/ay9S1aKm0B pic.twitter.com/UKhYOeGVKW— Momentum Oxford (@MomentumOx) March 13, 2017
8.Spring has arrived in N20!A beautiful day at he Pasture! Spring in the air; aroma of mown grass, with blossom & fresh green leaves bursting with life! Many volunteers pic.twitter.com/CPVEvWN55A— Long Lane Pasture (@LLPasture) March 25, 2017
10.And even in Mill Hill!Nice and sunny at the station today... there's even some trains running on time!! 😝 pic.twitter.com/nIKZQybL1f— cricklewood coffee (@nw2coffee) March 25, 2017
... Thats all folks!Mill Hill Music Complex is bathed in the spring sun! What better day for a recording session! Why not bring a picnic! pic.twitter.com/PWTIMWR7pU— MillHillMusicComplex (@MillHillMusicCo) March 25, 2017