Sunday 3 April 2016

London Mayor Elections - an empty vessel vs a nothing man

I don't think I've ever been less interested in an election than the current Mayoral contest. I may, for the first time ever, vote green. London needs some radicle changes. I think a green government would be an unmitigated disaster, but I think it is possible a Green Mayor would do a good job. Neither Khan nor Goldsmith have a clue. They are the sort of candidates you get when parties run out of ideas. Khan seems to believe in nothing and Goldsmith is an empty vessel, a man who has only two things going for him, good looks and a rich daddy. At least the Greens have a candidate who believes in something. Issues like air quality, household waste and public transport are the things which need strong and bold ideas. These won't come from Khan or Goldsmith. Neither are fit for purpose as Mayor. It seems to me the Greens have a once in a lifetime opportunity in London. They need to start shouting it from the rooftops.

No comments: