Wednesday 5 October 2011

Cancer Research UK - Shine London Nigh Time Walking Mararthon - Thanks

A message from the real Mrs T.  Firstly a big thank you to everyone who sponsored me to take part in the first London held marathon walk, Shine, to raise money for Cancer Research.  I have raised over £500 and still counting.  I am not sure I should thank the bloggers who sponsored me to keep the blog going - the jury is still out on that one!  The walk was indeed a marathon, the dog walking miles I put in previously felt very different to the ones measured out by the organisers.  When we hit 20 miles and were told how well we had done and that there were only six miles to go, we did not feel the same elation as the supporters cheering us on.  However, who could have asked for a warmer, more pleasant evening.  What a setting as well, London by the river is absolutely enchanting at night.  It was a surreal experience arriving back at the O2 early in the morning  just when bus loads of clubbers were leaving it.  Finally a big thank you to my team mate Debbie for doing it with me.  I could not have done it without her support and sense of humour. You can still sponsor me and donate to this great cause by clicking here.


http://www.sponsormetoshine.org/claretichborne

(Editor Note : This is Mrs T as in my good lady , not the blogger who writes Mike Freer's fan blog. They are not the same person (I hope))

1 comment:

valblog said...

Well Done Mrs T!!! XXXX OOO Congratulations and... Thanks!!!