Wednesday 7 September 2011

Belated Birthday Greetings to Councillor Hugh Rayner

The Barnet Eye would like to wish Councillor Hugh Rayner a very happy birthday for the 5th September. Unlike some of the lazier Barnet Councillors, Hugh actually spent his Birthday working chairing the Management and Scrutiny committee at Hendon Town Hall. The Barnet Bugle has accused me of ruining the good Councillors birthday. I sincerely hope that this wasn't the case, but if it was I'd like to cheer Hugh up. Did you know that Councillor Rayner shares a Birthday with none other than Freddie Mercury. Now I have no idea whether Councillor Jarse Rayner is a Queen fan, but if he is, I sincerly hope this is his favourite song by them. Just to cheer him up even more this version has the lyrics to sing along.

In tribute to Hugh for giving up his Birthday, I will be organising a choir of the finest lefties in Barnet to come down to his next committee meeting and sing this to him during the public question time. Surely that will cheer him up?

No comments: