Monday 24 January 2011

Open Letter : Adrian Murray-Leonard writes to the Barnet Eye regarding Matthew Offords comments

Dear Roger

I would like to say a personal thank you to you and your fellow bloggers for the fantastic support I have found in you all .

Please let me express how I feel at the moment. At this time I feel extremely hurt by this vicious slur that has been put upon me,and the same goes for my family,close friends,and Conservative officials, and political opponents in Hendon. Yesterday I found it be a very sorry day when yet again politics was driven further down into the sewer by a certain individual who chose to make a false and baseless allegation against me using his parliamentary privilege.

So if I am such a raving anti-semite,why is it that I chose to work alongside my close friends and campaigners Alain Bornstien,Lisa Fachler,Mark Shooter,Maureen Braun,Brian Schama,Darrel Yawitch,Brian Gordon,and the current Mayor to Barnet no less Anthony Finn,and other life long friends i have made in the Jewish community.

So i now would like to say to Mr Offord. I now lay down a challenge to you sir,that is if you are man enough of course, to offer me no less than a public apology or step out of the chambers of the house and repeat what you have said about me to my face and give me one strand of evidence to back your allegations, very doubtful you are not man enough!!!!..

I shall also be taking this matter up with Conservative central office at the very highest level as Saddleworth comes to mind at the moment as I can now empathise with the gentleman up there who was himself on the receiving end of utter un-truths i know how he must of felt sir not a pleasant feeling. Roger again I would like thank you for your support on this heinous issue i,m very moved by all the support you have all given me, thank you....

My warmest of regards to you
Adrian Murray-Leonard.

4 comments:

Mrs Angry said...

To resort to the sort of tactics Offord has used is truly shocking, and will rebound on Offord and his party in ways he can hardly have imagined. I think we should also remember that Mr Murray-Leonard uniquely had the courage to speak out in the strongest terms about the local Conservative councillors' self awarded pay rise last July, which showed both courage and integrity; qualities which are evidently in short supply with his former colleagues.

baarnett said...

The whole political spectrum has lined up to support Mr M-L.

Matthew Offord has to put up or shut up.

There are legitimate reasons to use parliamentary privilege, but if he cannot substantiate his remarks, he has to make a big climb-down.

In future no doubt, UKIP's Mr M-L will fight (say) blogger Mrs A like ferrets in a sack over other issues. But everyone is standing together now on this.

(Mrs. A will now fantasize about being in a sack with Mr M-L, but that wasn't my point.)

Mrs Angry said...

Thank you, Baarnett, for that delightful thought: never been compared to a ferret before ... never been in a (the) sack with a Tory either, as I feel one has to draw the line somewhere. I am sure that I don't agree with all of Mr M-L's views, and I would expect the reverse to be true, but I admire his guts for speaking out about the allowance rise, and I abhor the way in which he has been treated now. It's a nasty, nasty world we live in, isn't it?

Unknown said...

Mr. Adrian Murray-Leonard is right to stand up and defend his integrity and principles. The unfair, unjust, undocumented accusation leveled against him by Matthew Offord is disgusting, revolting and pathetic! To invoke Parliamentary privilege with a vile claim that Mr. Murray-Leonard is an "anti-semite" is the dastardly, cowardly act that he's made as a member of Parliament. I recommend that Mr. Offord issue a written letter of apology to Mr. Murray Leonard; in addition, to declaring the public apology in the halls of Parliament. If Mr. Offord is not a righteous individual to do this, then he should be admonished and properly disciplined for his highly callous, ludicrous statement!