Saturday 6 November 2010

Save Barnets Library Service - Petition update

Great News for everyone in Barnet who want's to thwart Twat Tory Councillor Robert Ramsbottom and his plans to destroy the great library service in Barnet. We were out collecting signatures for the petitiion in Mill Hill Broadway this morning and when we got home, I counted up all of the signatures and we have 2,345 on paper and 365 on the online version. This now means we have far more than the 2,000 needed to get officer review of the policy.

When I started the petition, my target was to get 500 signatures. I've been assisted by a whole host of people from across the board in Barnet. I thought I'd be standing on my own on a street corner for a couple of weeks, but we've had stalls in Mill Hill, Golders Green, East Barnet, Finchley, Edgware and High Barnet over the last few weeks. Over 20 people have assisted in collecting signatures and there are loads of sheets not returned to me yet. The 2,345 are only the one's I've got. Our next target is to increase the number to 7,000. This will force the council to have a full debate on the subject.  This means that we need a tad over 4,500 more. A challenge but an eminently achievable one. Please pull out all of the stops to help us. The response on the streets has been fantastic. I believe that the vast majority of people will sign if they are asked. Please forward this link to all your friends, via email, twitter and facebook. It would take you five minutes to do. Your friends would most likely want to sign it and even if they don't I doubt they'd hold it against you for asking.  Here's the link, sign it or lose your library.

http://www.gopetition.com/petition/39319/sign.html

No comments: