Wednesday 10 November 2010

Barack Obama raised by Gay Transvestite nanny !

I kid you not. I just came across this article in the Telegraph - http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tobyharnden/100063208/barack-obama-had-gay-transvestite-nanny-in-indonesia/ - Normally this blog doesn't do international politics, but I find this a fascinating story. Unlike many commentators, what interests me most is the tone of the Telegraphs commentary Here's one extract
His nanny was an openly gay man who, in keeping with Indonesia’s relaxed attitudes toward homosexuality, carried on an affair with a local butcher, longtime residents said.
The tone intrigues me. The detail about the affair with a butcher confirming many of my suspicions about the Telegraph. Whilst the article is clearly designed to get everyone "Tut Tutting" it says something quite interesting to me. Whether you love or hate Obama, he's clearly an exceptional man. Unlike George W, he didn't have a Daddy who was president to help him. I must confess when I first heard he was going for the nomination, I thought "No Chance, Hillary is a shoe in". He proved me wrong. I thought America was too racist to elect a Black man. He proved me wrong again. I wonder if Barack Obamas upbringing and his interesting and exotic nanny might well have actually taught him that you shouldn't give a stuff what anyone thinks about you. Obama is clearly a strong family man with an attractive wife. Many right wing commentators claim being around such "terrible people" would corrupt youngsters beyond redemption. Clearly this hasn't happened either.

I'm not really sure what exactly the Telegraph were trying to say, but it's pretty clear to me that whatever nastyness they were up to, any rational person would think they've actually proven the complete opposite.

No comments: