Tuesday 31 August 2010

Another record month at the Barnet Eye - thank you

As August makes way for September, I'd just like to say thanks to all of the people who read this blog. Yet again it's been a record month here. Given that August is a holiday month, that is really quite exceptional. The number of hits, the number of page load, unique visitors and returning visitors have all doubled since February, which I thought at the time was a good month. It is a daunting thought that there have been more page loads on this blog in the last year than the capacity of Wembley Stadium. In terms of unique visitors (from my rather inaccurate search counter) more than 1 /10th of the population of Barnet have viewed the blog in the last year (based on unique visitor count).

These figures put this blog up with some of the best known and most read blogs in the UK. Considering we concentrate on Barnet, that is truly amazing. Sadly I don't think it's because I'm a great blogger or a fantastic author. I just think that the uniquely bad adminstration in Barnet has created a climate where people want to know what is going on and it seems to me that although the blogs sometimes get things wrong, they are the most accurate source of information.

The collective blogs of Barnet have spearheaded many successful community campaigns. In a perfect world, I wouldn't even write about local Politics, it would be about dyslexia, music and football. I just feel an obligation to keep my nose to the grindstone until either the administration running Barnet Council becomes vaguely honest and competent or I drop dead from disgust a their antics.

Whatever happens, thank you for your faith and support.

No comments: