Friday 2 July 2010

Tory old guard plan big rises in their allowances in Barnet

One of my Barnet Tory moles let slip that there has been some discussion amongst our local Tory councillors about whether allowances should be raised in the current climate. Word reaches the Barnet Eye that some of the new Tory Councillors objected as "a matter of principle in the current climate".

This blog is nothing if not fair so we cordially invite Councillor Brian Coleman, Councillor Lynne Hillan and all of the rest of  Tory old guard to explain to us all exactly what their views on the subject are. A whole blog, with all of my tens of thousands of readers (yup, true) with no comment from me whatsoever. Surely one of you guys knows how to write a coherent guest blog?

Old Guard Tories will be pleased to know that this offer is the very begining of a campaign, which we have some rather interesting stunts lined up for, which will receive lots of publicity from other sources. Of course if there is a good reason to give councillors more dosh, we'll be only too pleased to hear.

I am currently planning to have a whole lot of signs made up saying "Cancelled by Barnet Council to pay for bigger allowances for your Tory Councillors".  My friends at the Trades Unions have promised lots of help putting them up in key places. Any community groups, etc facing budget cuts are encouraged to get in touch once the new allowances are formally announced. I hope that our Mill Hill Tories hold their nerve in the face of this greedy onslaught and show their colleagues what public service is really about

1 comment:

Mrs Angry said...

Councillor X writes:
'I think that I have made it perfectly clear in my 'easyBolics' interview with my devoted fan Mrs Angry that I, and certain of my colleagues, are not bound by the constraints of ordinary people. We are special. We have needs that must be supported without question by the tax payers of Broken Barnet,and anyone who questions this is without doubt a poisonous, swivel eyed enemy of the people.Or a Libdem.