Saturday 12 June 2010

My advice to Councillor Andrew Harper - beware of the blog from beyond the grave

Further to yesterdays blog about Barnet Council not flying the flag of St George for the world cup, Don't call me Dave has forwarded me an email from Councillor Andrew Harper. He's performed a swift and sensible U-turn and has now agreed to fly the flag. I actually quite like Andrew, he's one of the more sensible and humourous of the Barnet Tories. My advice to him is this. Before you speak to the press and make silly decisions, take a minute to think. It will save much bother and derision (especially from this blog).

Anyway, it is yet another great victory for the bloggers of Barnet. I suspect that the council were terrified that Don't Call Me Dave might be forced out of retirement by their stupidity and that is the thing they fear most. It would make a great film "The blog from beyond the grave". I think in future rather than David actually writing a blog, all he needs to do is say he'll start again and they'll panic and see sense.

3 comments:

baarnett said...

With all due respect to the Musical Sage of Mill Hill, it WOULD indeed be great if Don't-Call-Me-Dave restarted his blog.

It was good to turn to both right and left bloggers in Barnet, to hear their views on events - and, given the vacuum in the borough's leadership, to help shape them.

Don't Call Me Dave said...

baarnett

Thank you, but I am still enjoying my retirement from blogging!

This does not mean, however, that I have given up scrutinising council papers. They still know I'm alive!

Rog T said...

Baarnet,

Totally agree that it would be great for DCMD to return, but I understand his frustrations and exhaustion with blogging. It can be draining having to constantly read up on how useless the people we pay our taxes to really are.

The really alarming thing is just how rarely Barnet have actually done anything innovative or even sensible.