Monday 10 May 2010

Something better change

On Thursday night, Nick Walkley, CEO of Barnet let me in on a little secret. He shares my interest in a certain genre of music. Here's one for you Nick :-


Any excuse to play a bit of the Stranglers (not that I really need any excuse at all). I suppose one good thing about being a blogger rather than the CEO of Barnet is that I can spend ALL DAY watching punk rock videos if I want. The upside of not getting in is that it allows me more time to devote to Beer, Punk Rock and Football.

I was reminded of a TV ad a few years ago where a team loses the FA cup final and they all look as miserable as sin as they sup champagne. They then pan over to the losing teams dressing room and they are all ecstatically happy as they drink beer (Carlsberg I think) as they can have what they want to drink. I won't be missing any World Cup matches to attend meetings of the Pencil Sharpener Procurement committee. It's true to say that I took the defeat of my beloved Manchester City by Spurs as an omen of doom for the election (us City fans are probably the most superstitious of any). I must say that Chelsea winning the league is an omen that things can only get better from here on in.

Onwards and upwards to a stress free world cup for me. As I looked at some of the people Mr Walkley has to contend with as CEO, I must say that I realised Don't Call Me Dave's criticism of his salary is a tad unfair. He deserves it for putting up with that lot.

No comments: