Sunday 2 May 2010

I agree with Alex

The words I never thought I'd say. Yes it is true. I agree with Sir Alex Ferguson. Speaking yesterday, he suggested that Roy Hodgson should be named manager of the season for his achievements leading Fulham to the Europa League final. Look at the pedigree of the clubs they've knocked out. As regular readers of this blog will know, I spent a bit of time in Sweden in the early 1980's and actually met Roy having a drink. We had a brief chat about football and he seemed like a really nice bloke. Bear in mind that at the time he was completely unknown and I knew nothing of Swedish football, I thought his team was the equivalent to the Royal Scot FC, who I played for occasionally at the time. One of the Swedish guys with him told me that he was the best thing ever to happen to Swedish football.

It certainly looks like he's the best thing ever to happen to Fulham Football Club.I for one will be an honoury member of the Fulham FC supporters club on May 12th. It's my sons birthday and I think he may well be allowed a late night to stay up and watch the match.

No comments: