Saturday 8 May 2010

The End of the Nightmayor ? The End of The Barnet Eye

Brian Coleman beat me fair and square (at least thats what  he's telling everyone even though he didn't stand in Mill Hill ??? ), the people of Mill Hill rejected me. No one likes me so I'm giving up my blog and am going to get a proper job.

Goodbye and God Bless !

As this is the last blog I shall ever, ever write, there are a few things I'd like to say to a few special people out there.

To Brian Coleman. You are right and I am wrong. People like pompous twits who believe that public service is a free dinner and a chauffer driven ride home. Well they do in Totteridge. If you really think you are so popular, put the theory to the test in a marginal ward like Underhill, which is split. Lets see how you'd do then. Give a decent Tory a safe seat if you are so confident and lets see you in a proper contest (Oh I forgot, you always lose those battles, like your standards case).

To Mike Freer and Matthew Offord. Congratulations on your election. I hope you have long illustrious careers as backbenchers, at least till the next election, well away from actually running anything.

To the 2,260 people in Mill Hill who voted for me. Thanks for your faith and support.

To John Hart, Brian Schama and Sury Khatri - You look after those people or I'll have you in 2014 and you're welcome to buy me a pint next time you see me.

To Jeremy Davies and Wayne Casey. Thanks guys for your service to Mill Hill since 1994. I know it seems harsh right now, but you have made a big difference to many people

To Kim Checcetto. Thanks for your efforts for the team as a fellow candidate this year (and thanks to everyone else who helped out with the campaign)
To Tottenham Hotspur fans everywhere. I knew it was all going to go wrong when that lanky git scored on Wednesday night. It was an evil omen.

To anyone who is reading this who has nothing to do next Friday night 14th. We are having a gig to raise money for Cancer charities at the Mill Hill Sports Club. Doors open at 8pm. It's my band, The False Dots, Na Fianna (Irish) and Alan Warner (The Foundations - hits of the 60's and 70's). Bar till midnight. Admission is £8, proceeds to the MacMillan Cancer Appeal and the Teenage Cancer Trust.
Email me for tickets BY CLICKING HERE


And one final word to all my readers who might be disappointed that I'm giving up blogging - GOTCHA - Ha Ha Ha - You'd have to shoot me if you want this little rag to disappear. I may be a crap politician, but when it comes to blogging this past week has been the most hits in a week ever, by a massive number - I thought this might be a suitable way to mark this milestone.

5 comments:

baarnett said...

You had us going there for a minute.

Crusty said...

Blimey you did have me going for a while as well! Rog, more than ever we are going to need the Barnet Eye - Barnet Council will now go full steam ahead with Future Shape and we will need you to keep on reminding us all that Barnet council, like the Emperor is indeed wearing no clothes...better stop - just had a nasty image of Brian Coleman and Lynne Hillan in my head!

Anonymous said...

This concept of safe seats must be scrapped. Proportional representation is the only way forward. I doubt we'd have that though now your leader is cosying up to Brian Coleman's mob.

Mrs Angry said...

Rog, you mustn't joke about such things. You might not have been a roaring success as a politician: oh well - this is God's way of telling you to carry on blogging ...

cosmickat said...

sean and I could have told you that the mighty Spurs would stop MC from getting 4th place ...
But we were routing for you last Thursday ..