Tuesday 16 March 2010

Overheard in a Finchley newsagent

One of my best friends was buying a newspaper in a shop in Finchely recently. Another customer bowled in and asked for a lottery ticket. The prospective lucky winner then said to the newsagent "You promised me I'd win last week".  The newsagent responded "You should know by now, never to trust a Labour supporter".

So who do you think this customer was who believes it when he's told that he's bought the winning lottery ticket? Well I couldn't possibly say, but I'll give you a little hint. He used to get paid a responsibility allowance of several thousand pounds to manage the resources of Barnet Council and he's known to like a punt, especially with other people's cash. Let's hope he wins this week, so he can retire and spare us all the benefit of his expertise.

No comments: