Monday 15 March 2010

The new face of Social Care in Barnet

There is an extraordinary press release on the Barnet Council website. They have announced their partners to change the face of social care in Barnet. 13 organisations have been announced. I was rather interested to see that "The Finchley Horticultural Society" is named amongst the partners for this transformation. Some people may be rather surprised by this. I'm not. I take it that you are familiar how mushrooms are grown?Most apt.

Councillor Sachin Rajput, Cabinet Member for Adults, said: "We see residents taking control of their own care as a key part of the council's Future Shape proposals. So too is working with a range of local groups to deliver the type of care that residents want, and I am delighted that the Innovation Fund is already paying dividends in providing new ideas on how we can deliver social care to our residents."

I must confess I don't know too much about Social Care, but I know plenty about B... S... Which is exactly what this announcement is.

No comments: