Thursday 4 February 2010

First Capital Connect and the General Election

My advice to any hopeful politicians who are hoping to get elected at either the Council or the General Elections which will soon be upon us. If any of your voters use the First Capital Connect route into London, then they are likely to be extremely unhappy with the service and the terms of the Company franchise. I would suggest that any MP not campaigning stridently against the firm and for the passengers is not up to the job. I got sent this email by Sandy Walkington, a Lib Dem candidate in St Albans. Far be it for me to tell anyone how to do their job or how to campaign, but I think that this leaflet will help Sandy no end in his bid to get elected. I would suggest that all politicians of all parties follow Sandys lead.

In my blog earlier today, I praised and quoted MP's from all sides for their contribution in the debate. Sadly the two Labour and one Conservative MP's in Barnet (my Council) had nothing to contribute on the matter. I'd rather hoped that this was an issue all of our politicians could get behind the people on. I can think of no single issue that would make more people happy on this train route than to sack FCC and get an operator who knows how to run the service. We pay MP's a decent amount of money, so the least they should do is sort out companies that have a monopoly and fail to provide a service.

Note : Yep, I'm biased (I'm standing as a Lib Dem Councillor in the Council elections), but this is the only way that First Capital Connect will sit up and take note. I just happen to think that this is the best leaflet I've seen from a politician on the issue.

No comments: