Sunday 20 December 2009

Rage Against The Machine

I am overjoyed that Rage Against The Machine have the no 1 spot for Xmas. I can't remember the last time a proper rock and roll band did that with a proper song. I was at my nephews 18th birthday party when the news came through and his friends were all overjoyed. There is nothing which makes me happier than the British public showing its contempt for those who take it for granted.

I run one of Londons most successful independent music studios. I send hearty congratulations to RATM from Mill Hill Music Complex. I hope that this inspires a new generation of individualist and original Rock and Roll musicians to get out there. On Saturday night I was down in Brixton to watch the Pogues Xmas show, which was packed to the rafters. On Tuesday, I'm going to Camden to watch Public Image Ltd.  I cannot think of any less "manufactured" or "packaged" bands than the Pogues or PIL. I've been saying for some time that the music scene needs a massive kick. I just hope that this is that kick. Christmas certainly came early in this house with the news.

1 comment:

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Good band and great song.