Wednesday 9 December 2009

No 2 in the charts !


It seems like the readers of the Edgware and Mill Hill Times are interested to read about the Lib Dems choice for candidates in Mill Hill. Click here to read the Story.

The blog has also been inundated with hits. Perhaps the most interesting thing about the story is the second comment left, which was left by "AmandaB" ( a name used by Barnet Tories to leave comments when they aren't brave enough to use their real name).
Haaaaaaaa what next Don't Call Me Dave standing too? Seriously though Rog will have plenty of time to brush up on his geography of the Borough given recent ramblings!As for the Lib Dems - well erm... where are they? Not even a glowing comment from Jack Cohen welcoming him - charming!


 It seems strange that the Tories are attacking a member of their own party ("Don't Call Me Dave" Miller) on a story announcing the Lib Dem candidates, where he hadn't even left a comment. If the highest priority for Barnets Tories is to rubbish members of their own clan, for the heinious crime of campaigning for Conservative policies in Barnet, then I suggest that they'll have plenty of time to brush up their own geography in May.

******************* Update  *******************************************************

Well I said I wanted a number 1 and it looks like we've got it. There's either lots of people interested to see what Kim, Jeremy and myself have to say, or there's a lot of gnashing of teeth and rather worried people in the Barnet ruling Tory party. Those of you who follow my blog will know I keep a close eye on the stats and I've had more hits today than any other day apart from when the Coleman case was on the news.

Thanks to all of you who've sent me private emails of congratulations on my selection. I really hope I can repay your faith in me.

I must say something about my two fellow candidates. Kim is an excellent candidate who has a depth of knowledge about Child protection issues. She's got a proven track record in business and she will make a fantastic councillor. She brings many talents to the Lib Dem group and I sincerely hope she's given the opportunity to bring them to the Council. I have no doubt that anyone who is a parent in the Borough of Barnet will reap great benefits if shes elected. As for Jeremy Davies. He's been a councillor for 16 years. He's got a proven track record and is universally respected by colleagues and adversaries. I'm humbled to be able to join them as a candidate.

2 comments:

Mark Pack said...

Excellent news. Congratulations!

valblog said...

Great news for old ladies!!!! Good Job, Rog!!!