Sunday 1 November 2009

The A - Z of The Barnet Eye and other fascinating facts

Thought I'd give you an A-Z of all the things that are important to me & motivate me

A - Art - The appreciation of the beauty in things. Without this we are nothing
B - Barnet - This is the Borough I live in. Great place, rubbish Council
C - Cancer - stolen too many people I love, caused too much hurt, my one true hate
D - Daydreams - What would life be without them
E - Extravagance - This is what we get when our Tory Councillors decide on their allowances
F - False Dots - My band, the second most important thing in my life (after the other F family)
G - Guinness - Kept my mum going for 38 years after her Cancer, the elixir of life
H - Hendrix - If you play guitar in a rock band, you'll get this
I - Injustice -What fires me up to write this blog
J - Justice - Something which you don't get if you make a Standards complaint in Barnet
K - Kunst - German word for art, or for a dyslexic like me, describes the people running the Council
L - Love - Without this it's all pointless
M - Manchester City - My team.
N - Nature - I'm an environmentalist, something we should respect
O - Overdevelopment - Something which is happening all over Barnet
P - Passion - What makes me love people
Q - Question - What I have plenty of for the people who run the place. There are far less answers
R - Ramones - The greatest band in the Universe
S - Sailor - Second album by the Steve Miller band and my favourite album, a true masterpiece
T - Totty - Makes life worth whileand believe me I'm blessed in this department
U - Urban Landscapes - I love cities. I never feel comfortable in the countryside
V - Vibrators - The Band (not the sex toys) - Orange Hill old boys, made me realise it could happen
W - Work - We all do it, I'm lucky because generally I love it
X - X-Ray Specs - This band embodies everything that is great about punk rock
Y - Yoga - I do a class once a week and I think it keeps me sane. I'd make it compulsory in prisons
Z - Zantac - Without this I'd be dead (or even worse sober)

The Barnet Eye Top ten this week
1 barneteye.blogspot.com/2009/10/stuck-in-lift-with-brian-coleman.html
2 barneteye.blogspot.com/2009/09/hank-marvin-false-dots-and-candid.html
3 barneteye.blogspot.com/2009/10/while-youre-in-sacking-mood-boris.html
4 barneteye.blogspot.com/2009/03/5-songs-that-make-me-miserable.html
5 barneteye.blogspot.com/2009/02/barnet-eye-round-up-boris-johnson.html
6 barneteye.blogspot.com/2009/10/oil-city-confidential.html
7 barneteye.blogspot.com/2009/10/councillor-lynne-hillan-most-loathesome.html
8 barneteye.blogspot.com/2009/10/barnet-mayor-brian-coleman-in-yet.html
9 barneteye.blogspot.com/2008/11/councillor-brian-coleman-free-dinner.html
10 barneteye.blogspot.com/2009/10/brian-coleman-vs-travellers-true-story.html

As ever, the Brian Coleman free dinner register is in there. I'm especially pleased to see the Oil City Confidential blog in there. The 5 Songs which make me miserable is a perennial favourite as well. Lots of people seem to enjoy the Hank Marvin - Falsedots story.  Maybe Hank would like to join us for a jam at the Claddagh Ring?

Even more interesting are the pictures/documents you've been downloading. This one has been downloaded thousands of times since I first put it up and is No 1 every week. It's been downloaded 39 times in the last 48 hours. This is fairly typical. If Mike Freer/Lynne Hillan think this issue is going away, they are welcome to come around and check my stats. Considering that this was posted months ago, this is a truly awesome number.

2.bp.blogspot.com/_Zlc12g6TJYI/Si10e79Hv6I/AAAAAAAAAsM/YqFJyyBgVEs/s1600-h/scan0001.jpg


Nothing pleases me more than the interest this blog has generated in the sheltered housing issue.

No comments: