Tuesday 6 October 2009

Marks and Spencers Wasabi Coated Almonds

I love y'all, even those of you who don't love me !!!!!!! The purpose of this blog is to try and make life better for everyone in Barnet. Sometimes we do this by campaigning for or against specific policies, sometimes we do this by exposing the behaviour of politicians we think are behaving rather badly. We also like to bring you the odd clip of music or music video, the odd picture of something we think may tickle your funnybone. Sometimes we do lists of things we like about the area.


Today, in our mission to make the life of people living in Barnet better, we tell you about Marks and Spencers Wasabi Coated almonds. My good lady wife was feeling rather miserable (no surprise there, you may think, given that she's married to me). I thought I'd cheer her up. Now she's not a big lover of choccies, so my trip around Marks and Spencers in Mill Hill was getting rather frustrating. The I spied a tin of Wasabi coated almonds. Now my beloved does like nuts (again no surprise I hear you titter). She also loves wasabi. I'd not tried these before but they are absolultely fantastic.

Now I'm not saying this because M&S have bunged me a load of dosh, or for any other reason than to say you really should try them. They are a great nibble to munch on as you have a glass of wine and read the paper. I'd suggest you go and get a rather nice bottle of wine, a tin of these fantastic nuts and buy the Ham & High on Thursday. Sit down, relax, put your feet up. You see I was having a chat with them today about an article they are running following an interview with Brian Coleman, the only Mayor of Barnet ever to be found guilty of breaching the Standards code whilst in office.

It's the Ham & High's story, they did all of the hard work, so like the rather lovely wasabi Almonds, I'm not going to spoil it by telling you what he has to say. Let's just say that for those of us who are appreciate a good Brian Coleman story, this one promises to be a cracker. Of course the Barnet Eye will be giving the article a good review and throwing our own insight into it in due course, but trust me - whether you love or hate the Marmite Mayor - I'm absolutely sure when you read what he has to say you'll be glad you did.

Oh and if you are Mr Marks or Mr Spencer, feel free to send around a few more tins of the nuts for the plug ! And if I were you I'd do wasabi Macadamia nuts as well !

Picture : Boris contemplates the latest outpourings from the bloke he appointed to run London's Fire and emegency service.

1 comment:

Don't Call Me Dave said...

Could I just add that Aston Martin make wonderful cars!