Wednesday 24 June 2009

The Mill Hill Music Festival - Dear diary - Day 4.

00:21 AM Wednesday.

Busy evening. Stewart Curtis K-Groove at Quench Cafe. Dropped off PA gear, set up desk & did a rough Soundcheck, then back to studio for final False Dots rehearsal prior to gig on Friday at Mill Hill Sports Club. Connie sang superbly and I'm really looking forward to the gig. Back at 10pm to Quench for final couple of numbers.

I must say it was good to see one of our leading local politicians supporting the event. Former Council leader Brian Salinger arrived with a delegation of 17 people from France. I've not always seen eye to eye with Councillor Salinger, but it is always good to see staunch support for local events. His French friends certainly had a good time.

Gerry has done a fine job running the desk & the sound is superb. Then we break down the PA & lights and off home to bed.

Even managed to grab a bag of chips at 7pm, so I'm only tired, not hungry as well. My foot hurts where I dropped a speaker on it. I wonder if I've cracked a bone. That would be fun !

No comments: