Wednesday 6 May 2009

Undynamic duo's Aerodrome Road Bridge project - £11 Million over budget !


At the weekend, Matthew Offord resigned as deputy leader of the Council. Today it was announced that the Aerodrome Road Bridge project which he set up has run £11 Million over budget. A mere coincidence no doubt, as the Tory PPC for Hendon trys to get as far as possible from the blame for the fiasco. I look forward to him announcing in a few months "I wasn't even deputy Leader when the losses were announced". Does this sound like a Born Leader?

Councillor Andrew Harper, tasked with cleaning up Offords mess, rather generously states "I think Matthew did what he could do at the time with the advice he was given. I'm certainly not going to hold it against him".

My advice to Councillor Harper, if I were you I'd hold it as far away from him as possible. It seems that he has the Midas touch in reverse. Strangely enough, whilst Council Leader Mike Freer recently sent out an urgent leaflet urging people to make their views known regarding Healthcare provision in Barnet, over which he has no control, he has kept rather quiet about this fiasco, which his administration is completely to blame. It wasn't always thus. When the project seemed to be going well, he happily wrote about what a fine job he was doing in his sadly discontinued Blog on the Times. Oh how times have changed.

Here's a little challenge for you. Click the links I've posted to Matthew Offords Hendon Conservatives website. Then click the link to Mike Freer's old blog. Then tell me if you think that the undynamic duo are really fit to be MP's.


No comments: