Thursday 23 April 2009

Jesus was a black man


Interesting article in the Guardian G2 magazine today. In an interview with Billy Ocean, he states that he thinks Jesus was black. I'd never given it much thought, but the case he makes, given the geography is pretty compelling. It is is also worth noting that the most ancient Jewish tribes are dark skinned. Does it matter? Well it most certainly doesn't matter to me.

It would seem to me that there are people who it would make a huge difference to, having seen some comments on the web. Some have indicated they would lose their Christian faith. I'd say this to them, if that's how you feel, you've lost it already. In my world Jesus would be hanging out with Hendrix & Bob Marley, not with George Bush and his NeoCon cronies.

I hope the day comes when all men & women are judged by their talents, not their colour. If a black Jesus would help this, then that would work for me. As far as I recall he wasn't interested in race, just good being a good person, I hope we'd all sign up to that.

1 comment:

dandollo said...

I am Romanian and for 8 years by now I am living in Maiduguri as the only white.

I must say that when i left my country i was a little scarred: Nigeria has a very bad reputation. But my country also have a bad reputation and in fact is a very nice place.

After 8 years i am considered "one of us" maybe even more then nigerians from other tribes then the local one (Idoma and Tiv). in the very beginning two things wondered me very much considering the white-blacks relations:
1.it was considered that since i am white I must know everything linked which technology and that i must be very arogant and not ready to have normal relations with blacks. somebody told them that white peoples can`t remember the face of a black person. Even going, alone, to clubs and starting to took with peoples they did not belived that I am white. They could not believe that a white man will go alone and try to have a normal conversation in an african club. This is in the city and between middle class. In the village between peoples that don`t speack english everytime was more easy and normal relation.
2.The incidence of the topic of the relationship between God and the black race. Even now my Idoma wife use to ask me sometimes if it is true that God loves more the whites? Or why Almighty didn`t send his son Jesus to Nigeria since they love him much more then americans or europeans and even other africans? in paradise are more blacks oe more whites? I feel that black peoples (sorry for expression) fuck their brains which irrelevant questions. Nigeria`s main problem (as well as Romania`s) is the corruption that illegitimate the political class, infestate the social body and do not permitte the normal development. There was Jesus black or white it doesn`t matter to much... he bringg a religiouse and moral message for everybody irespective of racial appartenence. should we will demonstrate 100% that Jesus was a black-african the present problems of africans will resolve.
In my country we had a topics that Adam was romanian(that already megalomania). But should it will be the truce we are still one of the poorest european country and only world rank 70.