Sunday 1 March 2009

With friends like this




We all need friends, don't we. You know what it's like. There's an important game on the telly, say the league cup final, so you ask them to come around and have a couple of beers and watch the match. Nice pleasant way to spend the afternoon. Anyway, when the match finishes one of them says "Hey, can I just borrow your laptop to check my email?". You reply "Sure, I'll get u another beer". Anyway you come back and they say "Cheers".

Anyway later that evening you happen to think to yourself "Hang on, I've left the worlds biggest wind up merchant alone with my laptop for five minutes". Hey presto, you find that you've sent a mail to a few mates, offering to buy them all a few beers and a curry to celebrate an unexpected windfall.

Be warned, the modern world can be a dangerous place and no I haven't won the lottery !

No comments: